A delicious traditional Greek spaghetti dish with delightful tastes fresh from the Mediterranean sea. Enjoy clams, mussels and shrimp by the seaside or at home with a glass of chilled white wine or ice cold ouzo. Spaghetti and seafood is a delicious combination and this recipe can be made with any type of seafood such as prawns or lobster.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 12 bulbs of garlic
- 1 chopped chili pepper
- 6 shrimp
- 2 squid
- 500 gr. mussels
- 300 gr. clams
- 2 tins of whole tomatoes
- ¼ cup. dry white wine
- Chopped parsley
- 1 pack of spaghetti (500gram.)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Wash the clams, put them in a saucepan, add the wine and cover with lid. Steam on very high heat for 2-3 minutes, until they open. Immediately strain using a cheesecloth. Put the clams and broth aside.
- Peel mussels and wash them thoroughly with plenty of water.
- Boil the spaghetti in salted water. Heat the olive oil and add the garlic and chili pepper. Once you begin to cook the garlic add the squid and saute for a few minutes until they change color. Add the tomatoes and cut them in the pan with a ladle.
- Add the broth from the clams, salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the mussels, shrimp and parsley. Stir over high heat and pour in the spaghetti sauce. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring.
- Finally add the unopened clams. Mix well and serve immediately.